Wednesday 12 January 2011

Better Late Than Never



Dixie Chicks ~ Long Way Around

This song captures a feeling I've had for about a week. A little bit lost, and disappointed in being in the same position I was in two years ago, (see New Year's Resolutions, number 5) I've had a lot of moments of contemplation (see Lump That Grows In Your Throat). In those moments, I've found some clarity in my life...

This is me. This is my life. It's nobody else's. It doesn't have to follow everybody else's rules. This life is here for me to mould. It's my privilege to make up the rules for them. And they can change. My opinions on life are constantly changing. My understanding of how I will get to the place I want to be is always improving...and my ability to enjoy this moment right here gets stronger every day, too.

I found this song appropriate. Yes, it's country, but it's ok, 'cause it's the Dixe Chicks, and they rock!

No comments: